XL Group (XL) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, XL Group fell 34 cents (-1.5%) to $21.72 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of XL Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.50-$22.16 after having opened the day at $22.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.06. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Axis Capital Holdings (AXS), down 4.2% and Investors Title Company (ITIC), down 1.7%. XL Group plc, through its subsidiaries, provides insurance and reinsurance coverages to industrial, commercial, and professional firms, as well as insurance companies and other enterprises worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Insurance, Reinsurance, and Life Operations. XL Group has a market cap of $6.83 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 9.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate XL Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates XL Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full XL Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about XL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV