UnitedHealth Group (UNH) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, UnitedHealth Group fell 46 cents (-0.8%) to $57.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.7 million shares of UnitedHealth Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $57.59-$58.74 after having opened the day at $58.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.37. Other company's within the Health Services industry that declined today were: Dynacq Healthcare (DYII), down 10.4%, Sunshine Heart (SSH), down 8.3%, Fonar Corporation (FONR), down 8%, and Coventry Health Care (CVH), down 8%. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated operates as a diversified health and well-being company in the United States. UnitedHealth Group has a market cap of $61.52 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.2, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate UnitedHealth Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates UnitedHealth Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full UnitedHealth Group Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about UNH
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV