Coventry Health Care (CVH) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Coventry Health Care fell $2.60 (-8%) to $30.08 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7.3 million shares of Coventry Health Care exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.72-$30.80 after having opened the day at $29.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.68. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: POZEN (POZN), down 19.3%, InterMune (ITMN), down 17.1%, Medgenics (MDGN), down 12.6%, and Dynacq Healthcare (DYII), down 10.4%. Coventry Health Care, Inc. operates as a managed healthcare company in the United States. The company's Health Plan and Medical Services division provides health plan commercial risk, commercial management services, Medicare advantage coordinated care plans, and Medicaid products. Coventry Health Care has a market cap of $4.73 billion and is part of the health services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of nine, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Coventry Health Care a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Coventry Health Care as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Coventry Health Care Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV