Gilead (GILD) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Gilead fell 56 cents (-1.1%) to $52.16 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5.8 million shares of Gilead exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.71-$53.25 after having opened the day at $52.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.72. Other company's within the Drugs industry that declined today were: POZEN (POZN), down 19.3%, InterMune (ITMN), down 17.1%, Medgenics (MDGN), down 12.6%, and Galena Biopharma (GALE), down 8.3%. Gilead Sciences, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes human therapeutics for the treatment of life threatening diseases worldwide. Gilead has a market cap of $39.83 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.8, equal to the average drugs industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 28.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 20 analysts that rate Gilead a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gilead as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GILD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV