HMS Holdings Corporation (HMSY): Today's Featured Diversified Services Loser
HMS Holdings Corporation (HMSY) pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today making it today's featured Diversified Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, HMS Holdings Corporation fell $1.84 (-7%) to $24.31 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.4 million shares of HMS Holdings Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 834,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $22.80-$24.66 after having opened the day at $24.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.15. Other company's within the Diversified Services industry that declined today were: Fortune Industries (FFI), down 14.3%, China HGS Real Estate (HGSH), down 13.5%, Teamstaff (TSTF), down 9.4%, and VistaPrint (VPRT), down 8.8%. HMS Holdings Corp. provides cost containment services to government and private healthcare payers and sponsors. The company's services include coordination of benefits and program integrity services. HMS Holdings Corporation has a market cap of $2.18 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 46.2, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 18.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are five analysts that rate HMS Holdings Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates HMS Holdings Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full HMS Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV