Deckers Outdoor Corporation (DECK) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Deckers Outdoor Corporation fell $17.63 (-25.4%) to $51.83 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 14.9 million shares of Deckers Outdoor Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.03-$56.65 after having opened the day at $56.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.46. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: Delta Apparel (DLA), down 11.8%, China Xiniya Fashion (XNY), down 7.4%, Ever-Glory International Group (EVK), down 6.7%, and Nu Skin (NUS), down 6.2%. Deckers Outdoor Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of footwear and accessories for outdoor activities and casual lifestyle use for men, women, and children. Deckers Outdoor Corporation has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.3, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Deckers Outdoor Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Deckers Outdoor Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Deckers Outdoor Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DECK
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV