Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Loser
Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Colgate-Palmolive Company fell $1.09 (-1.1%) to $98.38 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Colgate-Palmolive Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $98.06-$98.90 after having opened the day at $98.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $99.47. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Deckers Outdoor Corporation (DECK), down 25.4%, Callaway Golf Company (ELY), down 14.3%, Delta Apparel (DLA), down 11.8%, and Castle Brands Incorporated (ROX), down 8.8%. Colgate-Palmolive Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets consumer products worldwide. Colgate-Palmolive Company has a market cap of $47.57 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.2, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Colgate-Palmolive Company a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Colgate-Palmolive Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Colgate-Palmolive Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV