Xerox Corporation (XRX) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Xerox Corporation fell 8 cents (-1%) to $7.83 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 22.3 million shares of Xerox Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.75-$7.92 after having opened the day at $7.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.91. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Callaway Golf Company (ELY), down 14.3%, Leggett & Platt (LEG), down 7.1%, SGOCO Group (SGOC), down 4.5%, and Mad Catz Interactive (MCZ), down 3.6%. Xerox Corporation provides business process and information technology (IT) outsourcing, and document management services worldwide. Xerox Corporation has a market cap of $10.73 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.8, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Xerox Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Xerox Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Xerox Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about XRX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV