Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): Today's Featured Chemicals Loser
Terra Nitrogen Company L.P (TNH) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Terra Nitrogen Company L.P fell $3.70 (-1.3%) to $274 on light volume. Throughout the day, 50,969 shares of Terra Nitrogen Company L.P exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 85,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $271.50-$278.50 after having opened the day at $277.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $277.70. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: TPC Group (TPCG), down 11.6%, Altair Nanotechnologies (ALTI), down 8.8%, Pacific Ethanol (PEIX), down 8.1%, and BioFuel Energy Corporation (BIOF), down 8.1%. Terra Nitrogen Company, L.P. engages in the production and sale of nitrogen fertilizer products. It primarily offers anhydrous ammonia and urea ammonium nitrate solutions. Terra Nitrogen GP Inc. serves as the general partner of the company. Terra Nitrogen Company, L.P. Terra Nitrogen Company L.P has a market cap of $5.16 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.2, equal to the average chemicals industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 65.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Terra Nitrogen Company L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Terra Nitrogen Company L.P Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV