PNC Financial Services Group (PNC) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, PNC Financial Services Group fell 49 cents (-0.7%) to $66.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.4 million shares of PNC Financial Services Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $66.53-$67.47 after having opened the day at $67.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.22. Other company's within the Banking industry that declined today were: Central Federal (CFBK), down 13.8%, First M&F (FMFC), down 10.2%, Southcoast Financial Corporation (SOCB), down 9.9%, and Hancock Holding Company (HBHC), down 8.7%. The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. operates as a diversified financial services company in the United States and internationally. The company's Retail Banking segment provides deposit, lending, brokerage, investment management, and cash management services. PNC Financial Services Group has a market cap of $34.96 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate PNC Financial Services Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PNC Financial Services Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, attractive valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full PNC Financial Services Group Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PNC
PNC Financial Services Group Becomes #233 Most Shorted S&P 500 Component, Replacing Boston Scientific
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV