Autoliv Inc. (ALV): Today's Featured Automotive Loser
Autoliv (ALV) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Autoliv fell $1.05 (-1.6%) to $65.31 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Autoliv exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 672,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $64.87-$67.55 after having opened the day at $67.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.36. Other company's within the Automotive industry that declined today were: ATC Venture Group (ATC), down 8.6%, American Axle & Mfg Holdings (AXL), down 5.5%, Superior Industries International (SUP), down 2.3%, and Ford Motor (F), down 2.3%. Autoliv, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and supply of automotive safety systems to the automotive industry. Autoliv has a market cap of $5.83 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.8, equal to the average automotive industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 24.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Autoliv a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Autoliv as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Autoliv Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV