Grupo Televisa S.A. (TV): Today's Featured Services Winner
Grupo Televisa S.A (TV) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Grupo Televisa S.A rose $1.28 (6.3%) to $21.74 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.5 million shares of Grupo Televisa S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.63-$21.83 after having opened the day at $20.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.46. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: China Nepstar Chain Drugstore (NPD), up 29.4%, Expedia (EXPE), up 23.5%, DS Torm (TRMD), up 18.9%, and Amazon.com (AMZN), up 15.8%. Grupo Televisa, S.A.B., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a media company in Mexico and internationally. It operates in seven segments: Television Broadcasting, Pay Television Networks, Programming Exports, Publishing, Sky, Cable and Telecom, and Other Businesses. Grupo Televisa S.A has a market cap of $11.44 billion and is part of the media industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Grupo Televisa S.A a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Grupo Televisa S.A as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Grupo Televisa S.A Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV