Time Warner (TWX) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Time Warner rose 19 cents (0.5%) to $38.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, six million shares of Time Warner exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.81-$38.21 after having opened the day at $37.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.88. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Radio One (ROIA), up 10%, Point.360 (PTSX), up 7.7%, Radio One (ROIAK), up 6.8%, and Focus Media (FMCN), up 6.8%. Time Warner Inc. operates as a media and entertainment company in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Networks, Filmed Entertainment, and Publishing. Time Warner has a market cap of $35.91 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.7, equal to the average media industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Time Warner a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Time Warner as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Time Warner Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TWX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV