Regions Financial Corporation (RF) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Regions Financial Corporation rose 13 cents (2%) to $6.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 19.7 million shares of Regions Financial Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.67-$6.92 after having opened the day at $6.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.75. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: CMS Bancorp (CMSB), up 19%, MBT Financial Corporation (MBTF), up 18.4%, Ampal-American Israel Corporation (AMPL), up 14.3%, and Crescent Financial (CRFN), up 13.2%. Regions Financial Corporation operates as the holding company for Regions Bank that provides a range of commercial, retail, and mortgage banking services in the United States. Regions Financial Corporation has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 55.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 57% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Regions Financial Corporation a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Regions Financial Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Regions Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about RF
Ex-Div Reminder For Regions Financial Corp's 6.375% Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series A
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV