Eli Lilly And Company (LLY): Today's Featured Drugs Winner
Eli Lilly and Company (LLY) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Eli Lilly and Company rose 43 cents (1.1%) to $41.31 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.7 million shares of Eli Lilly and Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.07-$41.43 after having opened the day at $41.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.88. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA), up 21.9%, Abaxis (ABAX), up 20.9%, Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ), up 14.4%, and China Shenghuo Pharmaceutical Holdings (KUN), up 13.4%. Eli Lilly and Company discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells pharmaceutical products worldwide. Eli Lilly and Company has a market cap of $47.34 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.4, above the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 10.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Eli Lilly and Company a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Eli Lilly and Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Eli Lilly and Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV