Western Union Company (WU) pushed the Diversified Services industry higher today making it today's featured diversified services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Western Union Company rose 28 cents (1.5%) to $18.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.4 million shares of Western Union Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.26-$18.67 after having opened the day at $18.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.29. Other companies within the Diversified Services industry that increased today were: Pointer Telocation (PNTR), up 15.4%, CAI International (CAP), up 10.9%, Furmanite Corporation (FRM), up 10.5%, and Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS), up 9.2%. The Western Union Company provides money movement and payment services worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Consumer-to-Consumer and Global Business Payments. Western Union Company has a market cap of $11.28 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.6, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 0.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Western Union Company a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Western Union Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Western Union Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV