Toyota Motor Corp (TM): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Winner
Toyota Motor (TM) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Toyota Motor rose 46 cents (0.6%) to $82.29 on light volume. Throughout the day, 268,767 shares of Toyota Motor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 506,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $81.87-$82.49 after having opened the day at $81.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.83. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Cobra Electronics Corporation (COBR), up 14.7%, Entertainment Gaming Asia (EGT), up 13%, Strattec Security Corporation (STRT), up 10.2%, and Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS), up 9.2%. Toyota Motor Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, assembly, and sale of passenger cars, minivans, and commercial vehicles. Toyota Motor has a market cap of $127.56 billion and is part of the automotive industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 25.9, below the average automotive industry P/E ratio of 55.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Toyota Motor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Toyota Motor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Toyota Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV