Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Winner
Newell Rubbermaid (NWL) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Newell Rubbermaid rose 61 cents (3.4%) to $18.57 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.8 million shares of Newell Rubbermaid exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.39-$18.96 after having opened the day at $18.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.96. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Cobra Electronics Corporation (COBR), up 14.7%, Entertainment Gaming Asia (EGT), up 13%, Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS), up 9.2%, and Elecsys Corporation (ESYS), up 6%. Newell Rubbermaid Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets consumer and commercial products. It operates in three segments: Home & Family, Office Products, and Tools, Hardware & Commercial Products. Newell Rubbermaid has a market cap of $5.18 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 39.7, below the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio of 42.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Newell Rubbermaid a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Newell Rubbermaid as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Newell Rubbermaid Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV