F5 Networks Inc. (FFIV): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Winner
F5 Networks (FFIV) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, F5 Networks rose $2.70 (2%) to $136.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of F5 Networks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $132.66-$136.94 after having opened the day at $133.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $133.41. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: GRAVITY (GRVY), up 14.3%, 21Vianet Group (VNET), up 10.4%, Intellicheck Mobilisa (IDN), up 10.1%, and Brightcove (BCOV), up 8.7%. F5 Networks, Inc. provides application delivery networking technology that optimizes the delivery of network-based applications, and the security, performance, and availability of servers, data storage devices, and other network resources in the Americas, EMEA, Japan, and the Asia Pacific. F5 Networks has a market cap of $10.35 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 39.4, below the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio of 39.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate F5 Networks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates F5 Networks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full F5 Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV