UBS (UBS) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, UBS rose 10 cents (0.8%) to $12.70 on light volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of UBS exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.59-$12.79 after having opened the day at $12.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.60. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: CMS Bancorp (CMSB), up 19%, MBT Financial Corporation (MBTF), up 18.4%, Crescent Financial (CRFN), up 13.2%, and First Federal Bancshares of Arkansas (FFBH), up 11.8%. UBS AG, a financial services firm, provides wealth management, asset management, and investment banking products and services to private, corporate, and institutional clients worldwide. The company is also involved in retail and commercial banking in Switzerland. UBS has a market cap of $48.14 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.6, above the average banking industry P/E ratio of 10.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are two analysts that rate UBS a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates UBS as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally weak debt management, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full UBS Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about UBS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV