Expedia, Amazon: S&P Gainers
The S&P 500 rose 3.38 points, or 0.24%, to 1,403.36.
Shares of Expedia climbed 23.54% Friday to $40.31. JPMorgan analysts raised Expedia's rating to neutral from underweight after Expedia's strong first-quarter earnings on Thursday. The firm's price target is $37.
The Internet travel company reported first-quarter adjusted net income of $36.9 million, or 26 cents a share, up from year-earlier adjusted profit of $22.8 million, or 16 cents.Analysts, on average, anticipated earnings of 15 cents a share. Expedia shares hit a 52-week high Friday of $43. The stock's 52-week low of $22.44 was set on Oct. 4. Expedia shares trade at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 12.49X; the average for travel and tourism companies is 16.99X. For comparison, Priceline.com (PCLN) has a higher forward P/E of 19.41X. Fifteen of the 28 analysts who cover Expedia rate it at hold. Twelve analysts give the stock a buy rating and one rate it at sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Expedia a C+ grade and hold rating. The stock has risen 38.9% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV