iShares MSCI Spain Index Fund (EWP)
For another week, Spain will be a major player to watch as investors and market commentators attempt to determine what's next in the ongoing European drama. Last week was a tumultuous one for the troubled EU member; in addition to learning that its unemployment rate is hovering around 25%, the country was slapped with a downgrade courtesy of Standard & Poor's.
The trials facing Spain and the rest of this monetary bloc are far from resolved. It may be tempting for investors to try and game a potential turnaround, but I urge them to hold off. It is difficult to forecast the day-to-day fluctuations from products like EWP and the iShares MSCI Italy Index Fund (EWI); overzealous investors risk taking some substantial hits here.Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV