NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's "ETF Winners and Losers." Be sure to stop by throughout the week to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
Global X Gold Explorers ETF (GLDX) 2.9%
A three-day rally has helped GLDX recover a respectable portion of the losses suffered during the opening half of April. This young product has had a tough start; since peaking in early 2011, it has struggled to break out of a prolonged downward path.
LosersWisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity ETF (DXJ )-1.3% DXJ has a mechanism in place that allows investors to hedge against fluctuations from the Japan's currency. While this helps the fund outperform unhedged products like the iShares MSCI Japan Index Fund (EWJ) during periods of yen weakness, it lags when the yen heads higher. The fund is behaving accordingly today. As the yen pushes higher, DXJ is suffering standout losses. EWJ, meanwhile, is off less than 1%. iShares Dow Jones U.S. Healthcare Providers Index Fund (IHF) -0.8% An earnings miss from Coventry Health Care has caused the company's share price to tumble over 8%. IHF lists the firm as its 10th largest position, accounting for over 2% of its portfolio. No. four holding, Aetna (AET) is also seeing pressure, dropping more than 3%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV