"We expect a growing pet population to support a re-acceleration in growth of PETM's higher-margin hardgoods and services, in addition to continued strong growth of super premium and natural consumables," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in an April 17 report. "We forecast that PETM will deliver the highest EPS growth in Hardlines (24/23% in 2012/13), while improving returns. March comScore data showing PetSmart.com and Wag.com receiving 3.5mn and 227k visitors, respectively, underscores our confidence that the online threat is overblown."Shares of PetSmart hit a 52-week high of $59.24. The stock's 52-week low of $37.76 was set on Aug. 8. PetSmart's forward P/E is 16.99; the average for specialty retailers is 16.52. Thirteen of the 24 analysts who cover PetSmart rated it hold; 11 analysts gave the stock a buy rating. TheStreet Ratings gives PetSmart an A+ grade with a buy rating and $74.77 price target. The stock has risen 15.52% year to date.
Dillard's Shares of Dillard's hit a 52-week high Friday of $65.32. The stock's 52-week low of $38.99 was set on Aug. 19. Dillard's has a forward P/E of 12.41; the average for apparel retailers is 17.52. For comparison, Guess (GES) has a lower forward P/E of 9.65. Two of the three analysts who cover Dillard's rated it hold; one analyst gave the stock a buy rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Dillard's an A- grade with a buy rating and $83.11 price target. The stock has risen 45.72% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV