The media company is scheduled to report first-quarter earnings on May 1. Analysts, on average, expect earnings of 44 cents a share on revenue of $3.78 billion."We tweak our model -- raising entertainment and cable nets (better ratings), and lowering broadcast (mainly due to political)," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a report Wednesday. "As a result, our Q1 EPS moves in line with consensus of $0.44 but we would not be surprised to see further upside." Shares of CBS hit a 52-week high Friday of $34.49. The stock's 52-week low of $17.99 was set on Oct. 4. CBS' forward P/E is 12.52; the average for broadcasting and entertainment companies is 36.56. For comparison, Time Warner (TWX) has a lower forward P/E of 10.52. Nineteen of the 30 analysts who cover CBS rated it buy; 11 analysts gave the stock a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives CBS a B+ grade with a buy rating and $43.68 price target. The stock has risen 26.79% year to date.
Family Dollar "Over the last 18 months, roughly half of the executive team has turned over -- clear evidence to us that a somewhat 'new' Family Dollar is taking root," Guggenheim analysts wrote in an April 10 report. "We believe this, together with improved results, should serve to strengthen sentiment in the name.' Shares of Family Dollar hit a 52-week high Friday of $69.25. The stock's 52-week low of $44.42 was set on Aug. 9. Family Dollar's forward P/E is 16.38; the average for specialty retailer companies is 16.58. For comparison, Dollar Tree (DLTR) has a higher forward P/E of 18.01. Fourteen of the 27 analysts who cover Family Dollar rated it hold. Eleven analysts gave the stock a buy rating and two rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Family Dollar an A+ grade with a buy rating and $88.58 price target. The stock has risen 20.22% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV