NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks reached 52-week highs on Friday: Philip Morris International (PM), Visa (V), Toll Brothers (TOL), CBS (CBS), Family Dollar (FDO), PetSmart (PETM) and Dillard's (DDS).
Philip Morris International
"PM reported a very impressive 1Q12 adj. EPS of $1.25, beating our forecast by 2 [cents] and consensus by 5 [cents]," Jefferies analysts wrote in an April 20 report. "PM's top 10 brands seem to be firing on all cylinders and volume and pricing (LatAm/Canada being a minor exception) were stronger than we thought. Despite the strength, we expect PM to trade sideways for the next few months due to its high valuation (esp. relative to BAT), currency concerns and the Japan headwind for 2Q12."
Shares of Philip Morris hit a 52-week high Friday of $90.22. The stock's 52-week low of $60.45 was set on Oct. 4.Philip Morris trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 15.35 times; the average for tobacco companies is 12.37. For comparison, Altria (MO) has a forward P/E of 13.58. Fourteen of the 22 analysts who cover Philip Morris rated it buy. Seven analysts gave the stock a buy rating and one rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Philip Morris a B grade with a buy rating and $113.86 price target. The stock has risen 15.1% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV