8 Stocks Rising on Monster Volume
TripAdvisor (TRIP) is an online travel research company, enabling users to plan and have a trip. This stock is trading up 9.4% at $37.63 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3.8 millionAverage Volume: 2.1 million Volume % Change: 247% From a technical perspective, TRIP is gapping up sharply today on monster volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once TRIP takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $36.43 to $37.78 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if TRIP can sustain a move or close above those levels on volume that's near or above 2,102,550 shares. If we get that action soon, look for TRIP to tag $40. Keep in mind that a move over $37.78 will mean TRIP is trading in all-time high territory. I would avoid TRIP or look for short-biased trades if it moves below today's low of $35.88 with volume. TripAdvisor was also featured recently in "5 Stocks Endowment Funds Are Buying in 2012."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV