TripAdvisor (TRIP) is an online travel research company, enabling users to plan and have a trip. This stock is trading up 9.4% at $37.63 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3.8 millionAverage Volume: 2.1 million Volume % Change: 247% From a technical perspective, TRIP is gapping up sharply today on monster volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once TRIP takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $36.43 to $37.78 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if TRIP can sustain a move or close above those levels on volume that's near or above 2,102,550 shares. If we get that action soon, look for TRIP to tag $40. Keep in mind that a move over $37.78 will mean TRIP is trading in all-time high territory. I would avoid TRIP or look for short-biased trades if it moves below today's low of $35.88 with volume. TripAdvisor was also featured recently in " 5 Stocks Endowment Funds Are Buying in 2012."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV