Saia (SAIA) is an asset-based trucking company that provides a variety of transportation and supply chain solutions to a range of industries, including the retail, chemical and manufacturing industries. This stock is trading up 6.6% at $17.92 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 323,000Average Volume: 102,348 Volume % Change: 416% Shares of SAIA are ripping higher today after the company reported 34 cents of earnings per share on an 11% increase in revenue for the first-quarter at $269 million. >>7 Hot Stocks on Traders' Radars From a technical perspective, SAIA is gapping up sharply here back above its 50-day moving average of $16.88 on above average volume. This move is pushing the stock within range of a triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once SAIA takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $18.37 with high-volume. At last check, SAIA has hit an intraday high of $18.45 and volume is well above its average action. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if SAIA can move or close above $18.37 with volume that's near or well above 102,348 shares. If we get that action soon, look for SAIA to tag $20 rather quickly.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV