8 Stocks Rising on Monster Volume
Conceptus (CPTS) is engaged in the design, development, marketing and promotion of solutions in women's healthcare. This stock is trading up 9% at $15.16 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 524,000Average Volume: 180,667 Volume % Change: 479% >>10 Industrial Stocks Poised for a Rebound Shares of CPTS are ripping higher today after the company reported net sales for the first-quarter of 2012 that were $29.0 million, an increase of 9.3% compared with net sales for the first-quarter of 2011 of $26.6 million. From a technical perspective, CPTS is gapping up sharply here back above its 50-day moving average of $13.99 on heavy volume. This move is quickly pushing CPTS within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once CPTS takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $15.25 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades off a move or close over $15.25 with volume that's near or well above 180,667 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for CPTS to clear some past overhead resistance at $15.70 to $15.78 with high-volume. If all those levels are taken out with volume, then target a run back towards its next significant overhead resistance at $17.74.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV