Dow Today: Home Depot (HD) Higher
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 26 points (+0.2%) at 13,230 as of Friday, Apr 27, 2012, 12:35 p.m. ET. During this time, 241.5 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 750.3 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,702 issues advancing vs. 1,188 declining with 152 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Home Depot (NYSE:HD), which is sporting a 42-cent gain (+0.8%) bringing the stock to $52.29. This single gain is lifting the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 3.18 points or roughly accounting for 12.2% of the Dow's overall gain. Volume for Home Depot currently sits at 5.1 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 9.1 million shares. Home Depot has a market cap of $79.16 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 23.4% year to date as of Thursday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.2%. The Home Depot, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a home improvement retailer. The company's stores sell building materials, and home improvement and lawn and garden products to do-it-yourself, do-it-for-me (at D-I-F-M), and professional customers. The company has a P/E ratio of 21, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Home Depot as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Home Depot Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV