SEATTLE, April 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) announced today that China Eastern Airlines has agreed to buy 20 Boeing 777-300ERs (Extended Range), as the airline plans to expand its capacity to meet growing demand in Asia-Pacific and China, the most dynamic market for commercial airplanes.
The agreement requires Chinese Government approval, and Boeing looks forward to working with China Eastern Airlines to obtain approval, after which time the order will be posted to Boeing's Orders & Deliveries Website.
"China Eastern Airlines is a long-term valued customer of The Boeing Company. We are delighted that China Eastern has decided to add the 777-300ER to its expanding fleet," said Ihssane Mounir, vice president of Sales and Marketing for Greater China and Korea, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "This additional commitment from one of the largest airlines in the world is a testament to the benefits the 777-300ER brings to the airline and its passengers."
The Boeing 777 is the world's most successful twin-engine, long-haul airplane. The 777-300ER extends the 777 family's span of capabilities, bringing twin-engine efficiency and reliability to the long-range market. The airplane carries 365 passengers up to 7,930 nautical miles (14,685 km).Boeing incorporated several performance enhancements for the 777-300ER, extending its range and payload capabilities. Excellent performance during flight testing, combined with engine efficiency improvements and design changes that reduce drag and airplane weight, contributed to the increased capability. Contact: Yukui Wang, 86-1360-131-7722 Mark Hooper, 1-206-651-6038 SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV