An under-$10 name in the fabricated products complex that's trading very close to triggering am major breakout is Shengkai Innovations (VALV), which engages in designing, manufacturing, and distributing ceramic valves and components for industrial use in the People's Republic of China. This stock hasn't done much so far in 2012, with shares up just 7.1%.
If you take a look at the chart for Shengkai Innovations, you'll see that this stock has been downtrending since it tagged a recent high of $2.89 back in February. During that move lower, shares of Shengkai Innovations have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, this stock has now started to find some big-time buying interest over the past few weeks at around $1.04 to $1.13 a share. The bulls have also just pushed VALV within range of trigging a major breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV