An under-$10 name in the chemical manufacturing complex that's started to trigger a major breakout trade is Rentech (RTK), which owns and operates a nitrogen fertilizer plant in East Dubuque, Illinois, that manufactures and sells natural gas-based nitrogen fertilizer products within the corn-belt region in the U.S. This stock is off to a monster start in 2012 with shares up 74%.
If you take a look at the chart for Rentech, you'll notice that this stock has been a winning trade for the bulls over the last six months. During that timeframe, shares of Rentech have soared from a low of $1.26 to its recent high of $2.30 a share. During that monster run-up, shares of Rentech have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV