Once you've optimized the page, make the most of it, she says. For instance, be sure to link to it on your website, in emails and on other social media pages. Frequently use the status update feature to post company news, successes and other information, Thomases says.
3. Do you have an exit strategy? One of the last things that owners tend to think about is the day they want to retire and what to do with their business. Many business owners are increasingly looking into their available options when they retire, according to QSR Magazine .
There are lots of things to consider when owners decide they no longer want to run their business, such as whether to make a clean break or simply to retire from daily control and how much money they will need in retirement, which is why it's important to look at options well ahead of time.
One of the most common options is selling the business to a third party, which is usually done when you want to maximize the sale price, QSR says.Or you can sell to your employees, which you can do over time and allows you to gradually give up control of the business, while still earning a salary. A third option is transferring ownership to family. This is likely the preferred option of many operators, the article says. -- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. To follow Laurie Kulikowski on Twitter, go to: http://twitter.com/#!/LKulikowski >To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV