The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 12 points at 13,216 as of Friday, Apr 27, 2012, 9:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 23.1 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 750.3 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,530 issues advancing vs. 1,082 declining with 205 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Pfizer (NYSE:PFE), which is sporting a 23-cent gain (+1%) bringing the stock to $23.29. This single gain is lifting the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 1.74 points or roughly accounting for 14.5% of the Dow's overall gain. Volume for Pfizer currently sits at one million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 35.1 million shares. Pfizer has a market cap of $172.46 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 6.6% year to date as of Thursday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 3.8%. Pfizer Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and sale of medicines for people and animals worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.6, above the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 17.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Pfizer as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Pfizer Ratings Report.
- You can view the full Procter & Gamble Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about PFE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV