Callaway Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (ELY)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Callaway Golf Company (NYSE:ELY) were gapping down Friday morning with an open price 14.9% lower than Thursday's closing price. The stock closed at $6.98 Thursday and opened today's trading at $5.94. The average volume for Callaway has been 522,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Callaway has a market cap of $450.7 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. Shares are up 25.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Callaway Golf Company, together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and sells golf clubs and golf balls. The company's golf clubs include drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters. TheStreet Ratings rates Callaway as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. You can view the full Callaway Ratings Report. Get more investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV