Ford reported earnings of $1.4 billion, or 35 cents a share, on revenue of $32.4 billion, down 2% from a year earlier. Adjusted earnings in the quarter were 39 cents a share.
A year earlier, Ford earned $2.5 billion, or 61 cents a share.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected earnings of 35 cents a share on revenue of $31.5 billion.Looking forward, Ford said it expected to be profitable but at a lower level than 2011. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. >Follow Joe Deaux on Twitter. Subscribe on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV