Supervisory Board Of Daimler AG Extends Contract With Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard
STUTTGART, Germany, April 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In its meeting today, the Supervisory Board of Daimler AG extended the contract of Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard, a member of the Board of Management of Daimler, until February 28, 2018.
Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard has been a member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG since February 18, 2010. In that function, he is responsible for Manufacturing and Procurement Mercedes-Benz Cars and for the entire Mercedes-Benz Vans division.
"We look forward to continuing the excellent cooperation with Wolfgang Bernhard in the Board of Management of Daimler AG and as a member of the Mercedes-Benz Cars team. This management continuity is important for the ongoing consistent implementation of the division's strategy and for the achievement of our corporate goals," stated Dr. Manfred Bischoff, Chairman of Daimler's Supervisory Board.Wolfgang Bernhard's contract of service would have expired in February 2013. Pursuant to Section 84 Subsection 1 of the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG), the Supervisory Board decides on reappointment after the beginning of the last year of a Board of Management member's current period of office. Dr. Bernhard was born in Boehen (in Germany's Allgaeu region) on September 3, 1960. After completing high school in Bavaria, he studied at the Technical University of Darmstadt from 1980 until 1986, graduating as an industrial engineer with the special subject of electrical engineering. From 1987 until 1988, he studied at Columbia University in New York, where he gained an MBA (Master of Business Administration). After that, he studied at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt from 1988 until 1990, obtaining a doctorate on the subject of international exchange-rate risks. Previous positions at the company:
- Head of the Mercedes-Benz Vans division, 2009
- Member of the Board of Management, COO Chrysler Group, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2002 – 2004
- Deputy Member of the Board of Management, COO Chrysler Group, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2000
- Chairman of the Management, Mercedes-AMG GmbH, 1999
- Center Manager for S-Class Assembly at the Sindelfingen plant and responsible for the start of the new S-Class, 1994
- Project Manager for reducing material costs and increasing productivity at the assembly plants of Mercedes-Benz AG, 1992 – 1993
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV