Integra LifeSciences Holdings Inc. Stock Upgraded (IART)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- INTEGRA LIFESCIENCES HLDGS's earnings per share declined by 39.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INTEGRA LIFESCIENCES HLDGS reported lower earnings of $0.95 versus $2.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.00 versus $0.95).
- The gross profit margin for INTEGRA LIFESCIENCES HLDGS is rather high; currently it is at 61.40%. Regardless of IART's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, IART's net profit margin of 3.40% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 31.57%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 39.47% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price over the last year, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays compensate for this.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 41.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $11.49 million to $6.69 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV