Avery Dennison Corp Stock Upgraded (AVY)
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 110.12% to $11.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AVERY DENNISON CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.93%.
- AVERY DENNISON CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AVERY DENNISON CORP reported lower earnings of $1.45 versus $2.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.95 versus $1.45).
- AVY, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry average. The net income has decreased by 2.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $44.80 million to $43.90 million.
- AVY has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 24.27% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.