Enersis SA (ENI): Today's Featured Utilities Loser
Enersis (ENI) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Enersis fell 20 cents (-1%) to $20.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 584,240 shares of Enersis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 625,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.07-$20.35 after having opened the day at $20.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.29. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Distribution and Marketing Company of the N (EDN), down 10.3%, China Hydroelectric Corporation (CHC), down 3.7%, Consolidated Water Company (CWCO), down 2.5%, and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras (EBR.B), down 2.3%. Enersis S.A., an electric utility company, engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity in Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Peru. It owns and operates hydroelectric, thermal, and wind power plants. Enersis has a market cap of $13.02 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.4, below the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 18 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Enersis a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Enersis as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Enersis Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV