Group I Automotive (GPI) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Group I Automotive fell 30 cents (-0.5%) to $57.65 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 623,623 shares of Group I Automotive exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 341,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.80-$57.72 after having opened the day at $56.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.95. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: iParty Corporation (IPT), down 13%, Mecox Lane (MCOX), down 6%, Cabela's (CAB), down 5.2%, and CSS Industries (CSS), down 3.2%. Group one Automotive, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the marketing and sale of automotive products and services. It sells new and used cars, light trucks, and vehicle parts. Group I Automotive has a market cap of $1.29 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.3, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Group I Automotive a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Group I Automotive as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Group I Automotive Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GPI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV