Baidu (BIDU) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Baidu fell $1.61 (-1.2%) to $133.21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.8 million shares of Baidu exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $131.62-$136.20 after having opened the day at $133.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $134.82. Other company's within the Internet industry that declined today were: Akamai Technologies (AKAM), down 14.4%, Remark Media (MARK), down 8.7%, Commtouch Software (CTCH), down 5.2%, and Yandex (YNDX), down 4.8%. Baidu, Inc. provides Internet search services. The company offers a Chinese language search platform on its Website, Baidu.com; and a Japanese language search platform on its Website, Baidu.jp. Baidu has a market cap of $47.42 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 45, equal to the average internet industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Baidu a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Baidu as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Baidu Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BIDU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV