Kennametal (KMT) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Kennametal fell $3.62 (-7.8%) to $42.56 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of Kennametal exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 620,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $41.68-$45.81 after having opened the day at $45.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.18. Other company's within the Industrial industry that declined today were: Cleantech Solutions International (CLNT), down 14.8%, Graco Incorporated (GGG), down 7.1%, IntriCon Corporation (IIN), down 5%, and Eastern (EML), down 5%. Kennametal Inc. manufactures and supplies tooling, engineered components, and advanced materials consumed in production processes worldwide. Kennametal has a market cap of $3.57 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.4, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 26.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Kennametal a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kennametal as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Kennametal Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about KMT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV