Aetna Inc (AET): Today's Featured Health Care Loser
Aetna (AET) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Aetna fell $4.05 (-8.2%) to $45.31 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 17.6 million shares of Aetna exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.34-$45.70 after having opened the day at $44.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.36. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Repligen Corporation (RGEN), down 40.2%, Transcept Pharmaceuticals (TSPT), down 15.6%, Cytokinetics (CYTK), down 13.3%, and Graymark Healthcare (GRMH), down 12.5%. Aetna Inc. operates as a diversified health care benefits company in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Health Care, Group Insurance, and Large Case Pensions. Aetna has a market cap of $17.09 billion and is part of the health services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.4, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Aetna a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Aetna as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Aetna Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV