Diamond Foods Inc. (DMND): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Loser
Diamond Foods (DMND) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Diamond Foods fell 17 cents (-0.8%) to $21.34 on light volume. Throughout the day, 402,832 shares of Diamond Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.32-$21.80 after having opened the day at $21.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.51. Other company's within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Gruma S.A.B. de C.V (GMK), down 8.4%, Post Holdings (POST), down 4.7%, Tianli Agritech (OINK), down 4%, and SkyPeople Fruit Juice (SPU), down 2.8%. Diamond Foods, Inc. engages in processing, marketing, and distributing snack products. Diamond Foods has a market cap of $469.4 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.6, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 34.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Diamond Foods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Diamond Foods as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, generally poor debt management and poor profit margins. On the positive front, Castle Brands Incorporated (ROX), up 17.2%, Imperial Sugar Company (IPSU), up 14.3%, Coffee Holding Company (JVA), up 4.6%, and Feihe International (ADY), up 4.3%, were all gainers within the food & beverage industry with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) being today's featured food & beverage industry winner.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV