UDR Inc (UDR): Today's Featured Financial Loser
UDR (UDR) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, UDR fell 20 cents (-0.8%) to $26.29 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of UDR exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.17-$26.51 after having opened the day at $26.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.49. Other company's within the Financial sector that declined today were: Plumas Bancorp (PLBC), down 21%, Affirmative Insurance Holdings (AFFM), down 15.6%, Ampal-American Israel Corporation (AMPL), down 12.5%, and Ameritrans Capital Corporation (AMTC), down 10.8%. UDR, Inc. formerly United Dominion Realty Trust, Inc., operates as a self-administered equity real estate investment trust (REIT). It owns, acquires, renovates, develops, and manages middle-market apartment communities. UDR has a market cap of $5.91 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 5.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are five analysts that rate UDR a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates UDR as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has not been very careful in the management of its balance sheet.
- You can view the full UDR Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV