Moody's Corporation (MCO) pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today making it today's featured Diversified Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Moody's Corporation fell 36 cents (-0.9%) to $41.61 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Moody's Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $41.29-$42.56 after having opened the day at $42.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.97. Other company's within the Diversified Services industry that declined today were: Furiex Pharmaceuticals (FURX), down 23%, American Learning (ALRN), down 13.7%, CRA International (CRAI), down 12.8%, and H&R Block (HRB), down 10.7%. Moody's Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides credit ratings, research, and analysis covering fixed-income securities, other debt instruments, and the entities that issue such instruments in the global capital markets. Moody's Corporation has a market cap of $9.29 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.7, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Moody's Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Moody's Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Moody's Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MCO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV