Ball Corporation (BLL): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
Ball Corporation (BLL) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Ball Corporation fell $1.37 (-3.2%) to $41.63 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.7 million shares of Ball Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $41.51-$42.73 after having opened the day at $42.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: Crocs (CROX), down 8.1%, Nu Skin (NUS), down 7.1%, Domtar (UFS), down 6.7%, and Mannatech (MTEX), down 6.6%. Ball Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, supplies metal packaging products for the beverage, food, personal care, and household products industries in the United States and internationally. Ball Corporation has a market cap of $6.72 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.3, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Ball Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ball Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Ball Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV