Nu Skin (NUS) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Nu Skin fell $4.27 (-7.1%) to $55.63 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.7 million shares of Nu Skin exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 750,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $54.76-$60 after having opened the day at $59.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.90. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Gruma S.A.B. de C.V (GMK), down 8.4%, Select Comfort Corporation (SCSS), down 8.2%, Crocs (CROX), down 8.1%, and Domtar (UFS), down 6.7%. Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. develops and distributes anti-aging personal care products and nutritional supplements worldwide. The company sells its personal care products under the Nu Skin brand; and nutritional supplements under the Pharmanex brand. Nu Skin has a market cap of $3.74 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.9, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Nu Skin a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Nu Skin as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Nu Skin Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NUS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV